Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Isabella

Before I became a teacher, I worked as a nanny, it was 2007 and Isabella was 5 and just beginning kindergarten and her little sister, Gianna, had just turned 1. It was a job that none of us anticipated it would evolve from happy work environment into happy family. But, that is exactly what ended up happening! I worked for them for 4 years and Bella is now 13 and boy crazy, and Gigi, 8, and dance crazy. They were in my wedding, they have supported me through my diagnosis, and they are cousins to Avery. I love them like they are my own and I always will. Bella is older and had a better understanding of my situations and life happenings, in all aspects. She is wise beyond her years and supportive of me in the sweetest and most sincere ways. Here is her perspective on my diagnosis....



    Hi, I'm Isabella. I've known Ashley since I was about 5 years of age. She was always there for me when it came to brushing my hair to taking me to all of my commitments. She is a wonderful person and I love her so much. She is such a positive person to be around. She is definitely like my second mother. A year ago I found out the worst news of my life. I was at work with my mom when she told me Ashley had a 50% chance of having breast cancer. I was sad, angry, and terrified. I knew she couldn't have cancer, until a couple days later it became real. They officially diagnosed her with stage four breast cancer. I was in shock, knowing that a person you love is sick can be very painful. I cried a lot over thinking about the things that could happen, But today it's a blessing to see her happy and healthy. Kicking cancers butt! I'm so proud of her for fighting through all this even when things were at its worst. All of her progress is amazing and I can't wait to see what the future has in store for her! 


                  Love you, B!!! 

1 comment: